Smoothies are becoming my go-to morning meal and so it is time to experiment with recipes! I have decided to go the green route today, adding some veggies in with my breakfast, giving me a boost to my day! And it turned out FAB-U-LOUS!
Here is the easy recipe!
- 1 cup almond milk (I used almond/coconut blend)
- 1/2 cup trop50 orange juice
- 1 cup greek yogurt (I used toasted coconut vanilla for extra flavor)
- 2/3 of a full banana
- 1 kiwi
- 1 cup kale
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 TBSP agave nectar
- 1/4 scoop Quest vanilla protein powder (can use more than 1/4 depending on protein needs/wants)
Blend together for about a minute and wah-lah! I got this beauty
A few tips:
- freeze all of the fruits and veggies the night before for easier prep and a colder/thicker smoothie!
- Blending smoothies for longer expands them in size by letting more air into the tight spaces, giving you a larger, more filling smoothie for the same calories! (if you don’t believe me, check out #30 on bodybuilding.com’s “40 laws of lean”–> http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/40-laws-of-lean.html)