Being a chick who loves her crockpot, I thought it was time to venture out from my usual chicken+sweet potatoes, or my crockpot summer chili (since it’s turning fall and all probably a good idea). I’ve always been a fan of chicken noodle soup but couldn’t quite find a recipe that sounded good or looked healthy enough. So what to do? I just started pulling ingredients from my cupboard and this is what I got!
Don’t let the picture fool you, this is actually delicious!
- 8 oz whole wheat penne pasta dry (I used Barilla)
- 2 cans 33% reduced sodium Natural Goodness Chicken Broth
- 1 can Wild Oats Organic pinto beans
- 12 oz chicken breast (roughly 2-3 breasts)
- 1 cup canned sweet peas
- 1 cup canned low sodium green beans
- 10 sliced baby carrots
- 1 tsp of each ground cumin, garlic salt, chili powder
Put all ingredients into a slow cooker to cook on low for 8 hours. If cooking for longer than 8 hours or on high, add noodles about halfway through cook time to avoid over cooking
Yields 5 servings
Serving size: 2 1/4 Cup // 235 calories // 24g protein // 30g carb// 2g fat