Crunched on time? No time to make it to the gym? Find a spot in your home, your garage, your backyard and take this for a spin!
Need help dechiphering those exercises?
- Burpee: Starting in a standing position, bend over placing your hands on the floor, jumping or stepping your feet back into a plank position (core is tight!) and then hop or jump your feet back to your hands to return to a standing position. Additional option: add a push up at the bottom once you hit a plank position
- 90 degree turn squat jump: Starting in a standing position, begin your squat by pushing your hips back and down keeping the weight heavy in your heels and your knees behind your toes. On the way up from the squat begin to jump by powering through your legs BUT turning 90 degrees to the side. To initiate the turn, drive through the hips to make the 90 degree movement.
- 3 step side shuffle plank: Think of a basketball drill here. Bend your knees slightly keeping your chest tall and begin to take 3 side step shuffles to one side. Once you do 3, drop your hands down to your feet and hop or step your feet back into a plank position, return to standing position (that is 1 rep). Side shuffle to the other side and repeat
- Squat plank thruster: Beginning in a full plank position, using the power from your hips drive your feet (jumping or stepping) up to right outside of your hands, landing with your heels in contact with the ground and then lift your chest so you are looking forward (at this position you should feel like you are in a low squat position- remember good form for this!). Hop or walk your feet back and repeat.
- Crab crunches: Think of elementary school PE here. Starting with your feet and hands in contact with the ground, your body is facing UP not DOWN. Pull your hips up by squeezing through your glutes (you should be in a reverse table top position here). Finding your balance with your feet about 1 foot apart, lift your right hand and left foot off the ground, reaching your right hand to touch the left knee as both limbs crunch towards each other (this is 1 rep). Return to the ground and repeat.
Ready, set, go!